C2D E6600's power connector!!!

aoxue

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
Hi,

I'm planning to buy an E6600 in the end of this month, but I want to make sure what kind of power connector it has because I'm gonna order this Power Suply

The problem is: it says on the PSU's website "HIPER Type R 580W series does not support Intel Pentium Extreme Edition CPU (dual core) as it requires EPS12V (i.e. an 8 pin ATX +12V connector). Type R 580W series does not provide 8 pin ATX +12V connector. We do not recommend using any adaptor that allows conversion of any form of connectors into 8 pin ATX +12V connector."

Now I'm confused a lot. Do E6600 and P4 extreme have same type of power connectors? or I can still use this PSU?

Any advice is appreciated, thank you so much!!

msmalls74

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
I got that PSU a while back, its a good PSU but i was worried bout the fact that there was no EPS12V supply for the dual core intels. Had a look around the forums and it seems that they will work on a EPS socket, but seems it may affect the overclocking and stabilty of the Board.
Luckily enough though prob the best overclocking board for the conroe the P5W DH Deluxe only needs an ATX 12V supply (with at least 16A on the 12V) think the hiper is 20A.