Question C305B-200UN1 Sceptre Screen Flickering

Nov 18, 2021
My screen has been flickering for a couple weeks now and I'm wondering if I'll have to buy a new monitor. It's been less than a year since I bought it. I think the cause might have been because I used an animated wallpaper program as my screen saver / default background but I'm not positive on that. I've tried a couple solutions but the only thing that has worked is changing the refresh rate. After doing that fix, every couple days the screen flickering would come back, usually after I turned on the computer / monitor again after waking up. So I would change the refresh rate and that usually fixed it but not this time. Now not even that works. Any suggestions?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Have you tried working with the culprit panel on a donor system to rule out your display out source/OS being the root of the issue(and not the panel itself)? You might want to backtrack on what you've done thus far, going as far as uninstalling the animated wallpaper and reverting to defaults for the panel to see if the issue is alleviated.

On second thoughts, please pass on the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
if you're working with Windows 10, please mention the version(not edition) of the OS. As for your monitor, mention how it's tethered to your build. BIOS version for your motherboard?