[SOLVED] Cable kit inline capacitors

Syn89

Commendable
Feb 10, 2021
I just upgraded my PSU to a Corsair rm850i and i also bought a Corsair premium sleeved starter cable kit. I noticed that the 24 pin cable that came with the psu has an inline capacitor and the kit that i bought doesn't have any. Is this going to cause any problems? Or i should connect the cable that came with the kit to the cable that came with the PSU or i can just use it as it is with no capacitors?

Solution
I bought the the starter kit wich has 1×24 pin, 1×8pin CPU, 2×PCI-E cables, and they are very short, may for very small cases, i have rhe Corsair 5000D

You can't provide any additional information or just don't want to?

"Starter Kit" just means it's not a full kit. It only has the 24-pin, 8-pin and PCIe.

You can't provide the CP part number? Or measure the cables?

Seriously.. if you got the SFX cable kit, simple mistake. It happens. But if you got the "normal" kit, like the CP-8920150 and the cables you received were 10 or 20mm shorter than advertised, then you should legit reach out to Corsair and let them know. You'll get free cables out of it.
I just upgraded my PSU to a Corsair rm850i and i also bought a Corsair premium sleeved starter cable kit. I noticed that the 24 pin cable that came with the psu has an inline capacitor and the kit that i bought doesn't have any. Is this going to cause any problems? Or i should connect the cable that came with the kit to the cable that came with the PSU or i can just use it as it is with no capacitors?
As far as I know....I've never had a problem because I didn't have a capacitor.
If I wanted to use the sleeved kit....I would try it.
I doubt you will have any issues.
If for some strange reason you had issues you could always use the other set...but I strongly doubt you will have issues.

Reactions: Krotow

Syn89

Commendable
Feb 10, 2021
As far as I know....I've never had a problem because I didn't have a capacitor.
If I wanted to use the sleeved kit....I would try it.
I doubt you will have any issues.
If for some strange reason you had issues you could always use the other set...but I strongly doubt you will have issues.
But what are the issues i should look for?

Syn89

Commendable
Feb 10, 2021
I installed the PSU, and in the end the only cables i could use were the GPU ones, the other ones were to short😅 that is money well spent....50$ were 2×6+2 pin cables 😐

A cursory glance on the interwebs tells me the only reason why the cables have an inline cap is to filter out ripple. But if you need an inline cap to filter out ripple, then that's a terribad PSU. But then someone suggested it may be useful to filter out stray high frequency noise but I can't imagine that actually being a problem (because wouldn't that be a problem everywhere?)

Either way, I don't really see what the point is.

I installed the PSU, and in the end the only cables i could use were the GPU ones, the other ones were to short😅 that is money well spent....50$ were 2×6+2 pin cables 😐

What behemoth case are you using where the 24-pin and 8-pin weren't long enough? To my knowledge, the Corsair aftermarket cables are actually the same length as the stock cables, unless you accidently got the starter kit for SFX.

CONFIRMED: I just checked and the 24-pin should be 610mm and the 8-pin should be 750mm. Did you buy the SFX kit by accident? Can you measure your cables? Maybe there was a mistake in manufacturing. If that's the case, then I would want to raise that with Corsair support.

Syn89

Commendable
Feb 10, 2021
What behemoth case are you using where the 24-pin and 8-pin weren't long enough? To my knowledge, the Corsair aftermarket cables are actually the same length as the stock cables, unless you accidently got the starter kit for SFX.

CONFIRMED: I just checked and the 24-pin should be 610mm and the 8-pin should be 750mm. Did you buy the SFX kit by accident? Can you measure your cables? Maybe there was a mistake in manufacturing. If that's the case, then I would want to raise that with Corsair support.
I bought the the starter kit wich has 1×24 pin, 1×8pin CPU, 2×PCI-E cables, and they are very short, may for very small cases, i have rhe Corsair 5000D

You can't provide any additional information or just don't want to?

"Starter Kit" just means it's not a full kit. It only has the 24-pin, 8-pin and PCIe.

You can't provide the CP part number? Or measure the cables?

Seriously.. if you got the SFX cable kit, simple mistake. It happens. But if you got the "normal" kit, like the CP-8920150 and the cables you received were 10 or 20mm shorter than advertised, then you should legit reach out to Corsair and let them know. You'll get free cables out of it.

Reactions: tennis2
Solution