CableMod Launches PET-Based ModMesh Sleeving

Status
Not open for further replies.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
OMG, this is the biggest waste of time.

I sleeved PSU cables back in 2004, when most PSU cables were just wires, and regretted every minute of it (of which there were many).

I honestly found heatsink lapping to be a more rewarding experience.

tiagoluz8

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015

I sleeved PSU cables back in 2004, when most PSU cables were just wires, and regretted every minute of it (of which there were many).

I honestly found heatsink lapping to be a more rewarding experience.
You know you don't have to do the sleeving anymore, right? CableMod sends you the cables ready to install on your PSU.

mrmotion

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009

So your telling me your cables in your main PC are not sleeved? You totally gave up on the aesthetics of the inside of your case because you learned how to lap a heatsink?

toddybody

Distinguished
Sleeved cables are a near must for system aesthetics (on a clear side panel). The set I purchased from Corsair were pretty rigid like the ones described here; I'd prefer the softer/more flexible cables though.

jarrate

Reputable
Aug 13, 2014
Who is Cablemod? Never heard of them until I saw this article. I was not able to find out who Cablemod.com is, or where they are located. Their contact us form is very vague and there is no phone number to call. There is no about-us page. Their domain name is hidden by a registrar company based at a PO box in Panama. (http://www.enom.com/whois/default.aspx)

Their facebook prescence began in Dec 2014, and miraculously performance-pcs.com started carrying their stuff, while at the same time this review shows up on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yboyTPGI2k

It would appear cablemod.com is not a manufacturer but a front for Performance-PCS.com and TomsHardware are now actively promoting their store. Is this paid advertising or does Toms not know this is PPCs? Toms should be honest with its readers about where we are buying from if cablemod.com is Performance PCs. Why otherwise would you hide your about-us, contact-us and your domain registration location? Because it is free advertising!

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Thanks for pointing that out. The article mentioned cable sleeving and kits, so I thought it was similar to what I used.

Of course they're sleeved. My current PSU cables came pre-sleeved.

And I wasn't saying that people should lap their heatsinks instead of sleeving cables - just comparing the experiences.

Ever seen a case with folded cables? You'd be surprised at what's possible. That said, I've only ever done basic cable folding and it's now a moot point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS