Cadillac Debuts Volt-Derived ELR Coupe with 207 HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
It looks like a 2013 Honda Accord Coupe with Cadillac headlights, tail lights and the cadillac logo..... (Fail) I am sure for the price they are asking it should have a 4.4L V12 like a ferrari

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
[citation][nom]The_Trutherizer[/nom]That's a nice interior. Must say[/citation]I would have to agree, this is the first time I looked at the interior and thought, even that guy Jeremy fatass what's his name from topgear would like that.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]jn77[/nom]It looks like a 2013 Honda Accord Coupe with Cadillac headlights, tail lights and the cadillac logo..... (Fail) I am sure for the price they are asking it should have a 4.4L V12 like a ferrari[/citation]

Honda Troll. This is way better looking than anything I seen from Honda. From all the good things I hear from Volt drivers this car should be very good. Selling allot, unlikely but this is a much better alternative to all electric and its range anxiety. Cant wait for battery tech to reach its next step to make all electric cars much more viable single car option.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]rebel1280[/nom]i wonder if these could explode on impact like the volts.http://www.freep.com/article/20111 [...] |FRONTPAGE[/citation]

Lol, caught fire 3 weeks after crash test. Did you read article? Volt has 5 star safety rating and article states gov't requires batteries to be drained after accident to prevent potential fire hazard.

dvo

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2008
[citation][nom]warezme[/nom]I would have to agree, this is the first time I looked at the interior and thought, even that guy Jeremy fatass what's his name from topgear would like that.[/citation]

Jeremy Clarkson might like it, but he will certainly criticize it for using sub-par materials on the dash that feel more like plastic. he says the same thing about every car from the US.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
[citation][nom]ddpruitt[/nom]Cue Aztec 2The Volt is an ugly uncomfortable car. I looked at one a year or so ago, too cramped, can't see anything, and not a whole lot of trunk space.[/citation]

Luckily that is your own opinion. However, I will tastefully disagree with you, after using this car for a week, I completely embraced it. This is not the haul everything and everyone car, it is a car designed for four people, two large suitcases.

Since the model I had was equipped with the technology package, cameras were mounted in the rear and I also did not have an issue with seeing out of the car.

Also driving it back and forth from NY to DC was a dream, a very good car that should have began life as a Cadillac.

I cannot wait to get behind the wheels of this one!

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
[citation][nom]blurr91[/nom]How many tax dollars went into this thing?[/citation]

If your an American you have a choice, go north or go south, but as an American, I do not want you living in my country!

GM has done wonderful things with their second breath of life, their cars are fun to drive and are very good quality now.

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]rebel1280[/nom]i wonder if these could explode on impact like the volts.http://www.freep.com/article/20111 [...] |FRONTPAGE[/citation]First of all, read the article you're linking to before making stupid posts. Your words don't even remotely reflect the article you linked. It didn't explode on impact - it sat around for weeks with a charged-up battery. They didn't discharge the battery as GM recommends you do after a crash. Further, they stated that they crash tested multiple vehicles, and this is the ONLY Volt that has ever caught fire even AFTER a crash.

Finally, as an extra precaution, they actually have installed reinforcements to the steel structure that protects the battery. They did this a while ago, actually, and installed them on existing models, for free.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Only 300 miles total range? The volt has a total range of about 375 miles with a full tank of gas and full tank of battery.
So, this means that it is very unlikely that the ELR has an Atkinson cycle engine range extender just like the Volt doesn't have one. Regular OTTO, boring. Atkinson or better yet lean-burn is the future.
I fully support electric vehicles, though I question the tax incentives

Status
Not open for further replies.