[SOLVED] CafeNet GameCenter Internet Speed

Dec 15, 2019
Guys iam opening a new CafeNet GameCenter it will start for like 60 pc
is't enough to use
metro ethernet 30 Gb up/30 Gb Dn?
the computers only will be serving Games and movies
so what the maximum needs per pc for internet do think ?

Solution
am sorry am sorry i meant megabit
30Mbit for 60PCs is going to be very difficult. You will have to prevent any streaming, game updates, twitch, etc. You are going to need a good router that has QOS and bufferbloat management. Maybe a mikrotik. They are not easy to setup for advanced features, BUT they have the most "knobs" of any moderately priced router. A Ubiquiti edgerouter would be another choice.

kanewolf

Titan
am sorry am sorry i meant megabit
30Mbit for 60PCs is going to be very difficult. You will have to prevent any streaming, game updates, twitch, etc. You are going to need a good router that has QOS and bufferbloat management. Maybe a mikrotik. They are not easy to setup for advanced features, BUT they have the most "knobs" of any moderately priced router. A Ubiquiti edgerouter would be another choice.

Solution
30Mbit divided by 8 = 3.75MB/Sec.

3.75MB divided by 60 = .0625 MB/Sec.

You need a minimum download speed of 3 Mbit per second to watch a single video stream in clear, standard definition. The best Internet speed for HD streaming is 5Mbit, and if you go all the way up to 4K streaming, or ultra HD, your bandwidth should start at 25Mbit and that's for 1 person.

For 60 PC's you will need a lot more than this. If I was starting this and I had 60 PC's I would def get the 1Gbit connection. It's like 150 dollars a month for that 1Gbit here and this is nothing for a business to pay out in a month compared to T1 line we had in the past.