Question Calculating Data Transfer Speed

Shyinx

Prominent
Mar 26, 2019
www.imdb.com
How long it'll take transfering 4 GB file in a defragged disk, with these values?

• 10000 RPM
  • Seek time 2 ms
  • Sector sizes are 4K
  • You don't have the data transfer speed, please calculate it. (bus faster than the disk)

D

Deleted member 14196

???

Is this a homework question? I can’t even fathom a situation where this would be useful. It takes as long as it takes

USAFRet

Titan
Not enough info:
1 platter or multiple platters?
Is the data on the outer tracks or inner tracks? (there can be a 50% difference in speed)
Transfer speed of the drive is critical and must be known. A drive that can only transfer at 100MB/s will obviously be slower than a drive that can transfer at 150MB/s.

What do YOU think the transfer time should be? Show your work, and we can analyze.
We're not doing your homework for you.

Shyinx

Prominent
Mar 26, 2019
www.imdb.com
Not enough info:
1 platter or multiple platters?
Is the data on the outer tracks or inner tracks? (there can be a 50% difference in speed)
Transfer speed of the drive is critical and must be known. A drive that can only transfer at 100MB/s will obviously be slower than a drive that can transfer at 150MB/s.

What do YOU think the transfer time should be? Show your work, and we can analyze.
We're not doing your homework for you.
This isn't my question actually this is a question of an exam of mine. The teacher has low IQ, I don't know what is this.