Call of Duty Elite Service to Launch With MW3

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Oh good, something else that will more than likely do nothing but INCREASE the lag. I'm sure it'll work fine for the 360 players but, PS3 and PC will be screwed over, yet again.

cronik93

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZEucpC3_zs&feature=related

How to make Call of Duty game in 12 easy steps:

Step 1: Use an outdated game engine from 2005

Step 2: Insert crappy storyline about Russians and nuclear weapons

Step 3: Design a character that 12 year olds will perceive as "cool" and refer to him only by his mysterious call sign.

Step 4: Kill said character in a scripted event 2/3 way through the campaign.

Step 5: Kill key bad guy in another scripted event involving slow motion

Step 6: Add a halfbaked multiplayer mode. Make sure that there are plenty of glitches and imbalances and good places to camp.

Step 7: Profit.

Step 8: Release overpriced map pack.

Step 9: Profit some more.

Step 10: Add a subscription service for detailed stats, clan support, etc. and other features that would normally be free in many other games.

Step 11: Profit some more.

Step 12: Repeat steps 1-12 until series has been sufficiently milked dry and Bobby Kotick has enough money to fill an Olympic size swimming pool.

bobby-kotick-money-bags.jpg

fyend

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
I think cronik93 missed a step. When your game is hacked during beta and is filled with wallhacks and aimbots when it is released do nothing to fix it, this just adds to the challenge for players.

greliu

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
With those stats about the amount of players CoD has, I really I'm a minority here. Jesus, how can this many people actually like CoD, games complete garbage.

buckcm

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
Having better stats isn't bad, but they can keep the rest of their gimmicks and kill streaks. Since BC2 sold 5-6 million copies, I am hoping BF3 clears 10 million. If BF3 clears 10 million, it should be able to compete with Call of Duty since the last two installments easily cleared 10 million. I won't complain if BF3 sells more copies, though.

G

Lol. I'm really sick of what happened to that series. Once upon a time it was realistic and visceral. Now its like playing out a game with as much ridiculous action as the transporter or die hard (good movies though..). After i played MW2 it became apparent that they appreciated short and ridiculous singleplayer plotlines (filled with plot pot holes) and pushing it out the door without enough testing. It was really fun to play Rust with an AC-130 with no reloading but that quickly faded...now i await BF3.

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
I have a strange feeling that if it was EA that introduced a paid service like this for B3, there'd be a much different public reaction from gamers. I'd bet I'd be reading comments like "BF3 FTW!!!" with people arguing that EA, unlike Activision, is actually innovating with its shooter franchise.

In any case, I wonder if people reacted with this much hatred when publishers first introduced paid subscriptions with MMOs, or if this negative reaction is focused mostly on Activision and its CEO.

fausto

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2005
booo! lame!
same old tech, bunch of social stuff i don't care for. how about bigger maps and a better spawn system instead?

dimamu15

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
Marcus Yam, I am afraid you messed up with sub title. It should have been:
Activision's new plan of getting you to pay even more Call of Duty.
Not buying. Its like EA's FIFA soccer now. Releasing crap every year (at least for PC). Yes YOU ADD something new, but it's crap because you add not what people need. Keep bringing new concepts when you can't fix what is not working properly. There is plenty design solutions for any type of games. But still these companies care only about a profit.
bs!

pierogi210

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
So this Elite is really the typical COD game with a new way to connect to others. Nothing new. Gee what a shocker. All the same. And off course it will sell millions because of websites like IGN.com a bias and help hype MW3. It really doesn't matter to me. I know i'm playing BF3 that will actually keep me entertained for years to come. I have 528 hours in BF2, 540 hours in BC2. BF3 will most likely hit 1000 hours easy. I got BO and with in 2 weeks, i was bored playing the online. Bored, just run and shoot and die, repeat. If this is pay to play, then people paying for this are real suckers.

hot74rod2003

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
if they dont get rid of the tomahawk and silly speed running around with a knife perks im not even buying it. they need to make this game more real life. i bet %98 percent of people in the world could get a tomahawk to stick in a tree from 10 ft away ,,, oh yeah and you can take 50 bullets from a gun and live but get hit in the big toe by a tomahawk and die instantly???????? plus in real life you would never run around with a knife cause you would be dead in no time flat. they should use the damage model from , operation flashpoint

hot74rod2003

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
[citation][nom]hot74rod2003[/nom]if they dont get rid of the tomahawk and silly speed running around with a knife perks im not even buying it. they need to make this game more real life. i bet %98 percent of people in the world couldnt get a tomahawk to stick in a tree from 10 ft away ,,, oh yeah and you can take 50 bullets from a gun and live but get hit in the big toe by a tomahawk and die instantly???????? plus in real life you would never run around with a knife cause you would be dead in no time flat. they should use the damage model from , operation flashpoint[/citation]

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
I wonder when COD fans are going to realize how bad Activision fucks them in the ass.
They already have to put up with buying the same game again and again every year and paying for expensive map packs. Now they are being asked to pay money for features that should be included in the game.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]robwright[/nom]I have a strange feeling that if it was EA that introduced a paid service like this for B3, there'd be a much different public reaction from gamers. I'd bet I'd be reading comments like "BF3 FTW!!!" with people arguing that EA, unlike Activision, is actually innovating with its shooter franchise.In any case, I wonder if people reacted with this much hatred when publishers first introduced paid subscriptions with MMOs, or if this negative reaction is focused mostly on Activision and its CEO.[/citation]

people wouldnt pay for that and would disown ea altogether, because it seams they are ruining studios like bioware. mass effect 3 got delayed because ea wants it to be ever more main stream...

i pay for an mmo because the massive amount of servers, and community that come with it... any fps worth playing can go on forever because the players who like the game will buy their own damn servers

[citation][nom]hot74rod2003[/nom]if they dont get rid of the tomahawk and silly speed running around with a knife perks im not even buying it. they need to make this game more real life. i bet %98 percent of people in the world could get a tomahawk to stick in a tree from 10 ft away ,,, oh yeah and you can take 50 bullets from a gun and live but get hit in the big toe by a tomahawk and die instantly???????? plus in real life you would never run around with a knife cause you would be dead in no time flat. they should use the damage model from , operation flashpoint[/citation]

i hate to say this because i sound like i'm defending mw, but you really don't understand what a game is and what it means right?

its sad however that realistic tactical fps games died as a genre.

ironmb

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
Psshh.. atleast there is some dedication to improving the multiplayer.. I for one am getting it, nothing beats spending 1-2 hours a night with your buddies stomping kids out.

Status
Not open for further replies.