'Call Of Duty: WWII' Announced, Livestream Coming April 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSD_ DAVE

Commendable
Jan 9, 2017
Here is CoD trying to revive itself. I would also like to point out that I think 2017 will be the year WWII comes back to play.

"It’s unclear yet as to why the new game reverted back to World War II, but part of might be the result of EA and DICE’s success with Battlefield 1."

No sheet, Sherlock! :p

Still, it's COD for crying out loud. Besides, y'all do know what COD stands for, right? COD = Can't Outdo Dice! :) :p

dstarr3

Distinguished

Then you already have your WWII shooter. And a whole mess others to choose from.

And you've already got all your futurist ones or w/e. See how that's a moot point?

CoD WaW is almost a decade old now. We deserve a AAA WW2 shooter again with the masse of new technologies that have come out in the last few years. The only other options are F2P. I want something with some decent production value.

World war II is an absolutely ripe time in history for storytelling and it's only ever really been superficially explored in a few generic campaigns going over the stuff almost everyone knows about. Again, I don't exactly expect CoD to be the ones to deliver on this, but it's time we got another go at it.

If nothing else, if CoD makes it, others will follow, and hopefully one of them will do it right.

number1guy

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010

Really? I don't play CoD, but even I know that its community has been begging for a return to WWII and a break from the futuristic stuff for quite a while now.

If COD would focus on improving game play(better net code with proper servers) and not how many camos or gestures or weapons.... they can sell you this game may have a chance. I play on PC and Infinite Warfare was an absolute fail because it is done P2P. There are so few people playing that the only matches you can find have people playing from 1/2 way around the world. The sad thing is the "ping meter" shows 4 full bars. - it is so frustrating!

Let me unleash my inner emotions.

I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!

It’s unclear yet as to why the new game reverted back to World War II

Some of the COD devs on Twitter said it was because they realized people no longer want the future stuff. Which is obviously the reason, WWII shooters don't come out like they used to in 2000-2010. Let's bring back the glory days of FPS games.

hitman400

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
Please tell me WW2 isn't the final title. Why wouldn't you be 1% creative with it?

Anyways, stoked for the time period. What I am not stoked about is the fact is that all that high amount of emotion in the 1940s will be merged into a lifeless world in which the audio sucks. As much as you guys don't think audio matters, DICE does it so perfect that the immersion is amplified 3 fold.

jwl3

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
Beats the heck out of futuristic combat with exo suits in space. COD was good because it was realistic. It lost a lot of its original fans when it decided to cater to teenage boys, just like the Star Wars franchise.

Let's be completely honest, a full remake of Allied Assault with today's graphics is all this game needs. That game had one of the absolute best campaigns of all time.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Don't know why they are going back to WW2?

"Infinite Warfare sold 1.8 million copies in its first week and became the top selling title on the UK sales charts.[67] However, overall sales were down 50% compared to 2015's Call of Duty: Black Ops III.[68][69][70] Activision was reported to be expecting sales to be down due to the fact that Infinite Warfare was going to be a "new sub-series" and that the Black Ops name carried brand weight with it.[71][72] Activision reported in February 2017 that the game missed their sales expectations with one of the reasons cited being that the game "didn't resonate with fans".[73]"

IW is a crappy game with horrible laggy game play on pc. I have a great connection with a decent gpu GTX 970 and it compensates for people with less than optimal connections/computers.
Quote :"Infinite Warfare sold 1.8 million copies in its first week and became the top selling title on the UK sales charts." Then people realized how bad the game was and stopped playing.

Infinite Warfare works wonderfully on my RX 460.

I'm not talking about single player. It is the peer to peer multiplayer games with people from all over the world. If the new COD does the same peer to peer with match making servers it will be yet another COD that could have been good.(but wasn't) COD has focused on ways to make the developer money not listening to or satisfying the game players needs/requests.

Ditt44

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
They lost me a few weeks into CoD2. The console-ized crap-fest was the end for me. I had made a ton of mods from "Medal of Honor: Spearhead" then into CoD1 and the biggest projects were for "United Offensive". I was the first guy, along with a great community at After-Hourz.com to do Base Assault maps, "Berezina" anyone? And we did nearly 20 vehicles and AT guns etc. Oh... "Gun Assault"?? Anyone recall that map? A cult classic. But CoD2 just killed it for me.

I moved on to "Red Orchestra" shortly and we did a massive amount of map and vehicle development there, much of which you can still the see in "Heroes of Stalingrad" and the "Rising Storm" project, where I was on the initial team as Mapping Lead. Imo, the best WW2 game for teamwork and community content.

Anyway, haven't played CoD in years but if it comes back to being PC-like as it was, which is doubtful, I might look at it. Oh, the glory days!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.