Can´t get past BIOS after changing boot setup

Vanucci

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
Hey guys, needing some help here.

So, recently my notebook started taking too long to start and restart so I did some research through the web and found that SSDs work better configured as AHCI, since my computer has 2 SSDs of 128GB and 1 7200 HD of 1 TB I thought I should change it and went into BIOS setup and simply changed from RAID to AHCI, saved, restarted and now it goes automatically to the BIOS setup and I can't get past it.

Since I'm a noob on these things I think I've made some big mistake by changing it and after looking further into it, it seems that I needed to change stuff on the registry before changing it on the BIOS. I'm really lost here and have no clue on what to do.

Tried looking for assistance in my town but couldn't find anyone who could fix this issue.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
PS.: Sorry for any English mistakes, since it's not my original language.

Hi

Were your two ssd's in raid 0 or 1

Raid 1 also called mirror would give you 128GB of disk
Raid 0 would give you 256 GB

usually bios has extra options in RAID settings?

Give exact make and model of laptop hopefully some one will be familiur with the bios settings

1 last question did it come with two ssd when new?

It is possible a hardware problem with one of the ssd or hard drive was causing windows startup to slow down

If smart test at startup is turned on in the bios it usually gives a warning when disks develop problems

Regards
Mike Barnes

Vanucci

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017

Hey Mike,
So it was in Raid 0 I guess since my C partition had 256GB. The laptop is a MSI GT 72 2QE Dominator Pro, and it had the 2 ssds since i bought it. Never opened it.
Some extra options I can think of is UEFI, LEGACY AND UEFI with CSM under boot mode select, it had UEFI before my changes.
Fast boot was enabled.
There is a option to change PCI latency time but I've never messed with that.
And now I just found something called Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology which gives some options like Create Raid Volume, Raid Volumes and Non-Raid Physical Disks. Hadn't seen this one before. Now that I've changed boot back to Raid after Zerk's comment it showed up.
Should I do something there?
Thanks a lot guys.