[SOLVED] Can’t trigger BIOS after BSOD

j0hnvher

Commendable
Sep 24, 2019
I’m having several BSOD’s like Critical_Process_Died and I can’t remember the others.

So im opting for a clean Windows Reinstall.

And i am definitely certain that my PC has multiple viruses that prevents me from updating Windows

However, I can’t trigger BIOS( I still can access my PC just can’t trigger BIOS at startupand UEFI Firmware settings is missing.

And i can’t reset Windows due to BSOD after a while resulting in interruption on resetting.

If this system is or can be fixed, i will sell my system for a new upgraded PC SYSTEM.

Specs are:
Ryzen 3 2200G
GB A320M S2H V2
Palit GTX 1050( ik i have APU but since I’m not satisfied with the performance of my APU i bought this)
Corsair 16 GB 3000mhz RAM
Teamgroup SSD
Seagate Barracuda HDD
Windows 10 Pro 64

Open for suggestions and Thanks in advance!

🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼

Solution
And i am definitely certain that my PC has multiple viruses that prevents me from updating Windows

clean install best answer. I know you trying...

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - in case you don't have one

Once you have installer, put it in PC that you want to clean install

So in windows, go to settings/update & security/recovery
under Advanced restart, click restart

loads into blue menu
choose use a device
pick USB drive from list
PC should restart and boot from USB

follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/
Few things seem off here. Malware these days is typically trying to steal data or use your computer in attacks, so causing BSODs defeats their purpose. I deal with faulty systems a lot and a system like yours that has BSODs and fails to restart properly usually have corrupted OS files, driver or hardware issues. Unless you have a cryptolocker, which you know as they tend to leave ransom notes everywhere.

As for your BIOS issue, it could be that your USB controller is not available at that point in the boot process. Could you try one of the CPU USB 3.1 ports in the back for your keyboard? The manual states you should have the following:

View: https://imgur.com/S59ZTxa

If it's not clear which ones are from the CPU, just try them all.

Also, remove any other peripheral that's not needed to enter the bios (anything USB that's not the keyboard).

Colif

Win 11 Master

clean install best answer. I know you trying...

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - in case you don't have one

Once you have installer, put it in PC that you want to clean install

So in windows, go to settings/update & security/recovery
under Advanced restart, click restart

loads into blue menu
choose use a device
pick USB drive from list
PC should restart and boot from USB

follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

Last edited:
Solution