Question Can’t use bothe intergrated and dedicated graphics - MSI B450 Pro M2

EndlessZone123

Reputable
Mar 3, 2016
I just got a new 2200g and a MSI B450 Pro 2 with it and is trying to use the intergrated graphics to power a second monitor. However I do not get any picture when I connect the VGA cable from the back of my motherboard. The HDMI works fine on the rx460 for the main monitor. I have set the following settings in the BIOS Intergrated Graphics Configuration: Initiate Graphics Adapter - PEG. intergrated graphics - Force and set the buffer to 1G. The Bios is updated to the latest on the website E7B84AMS.250. Does this motherboard not support the use of the intergrated graphic while the dedicated graphics is on? Thanks!

When you
... Does this motherboard not support the use of the intergrated graphic while the dedicated graphics is on? Thanks!

This is correct: once you install a discrete GPU unit in the system the iGPU is disabled so you can not use both at the same time. I believe that is a 'feature' of how the processor works without regard to the motherboard. In other words: it will do this in any and all AM4 motherboards.

Reactions: NightHawkRMX