Question Can 2x RTX 2080 NVLink push ~240 FPS 1440p?

Mar 9, 2019
I know especially with g sync and now free sync on some too

but what I’m saying is will I be able to hit around 200+ FPS in Fortnite with optimal settings at that resolution with my rig

Mar 9, 2019
@shknawe Just looking to know if I can hit above 200 or close to 240. I currently use 120. So if I can only hit 160 I don’t need a 240hz monitor, I’d rather get a cheaper 144 or 165 if it will struggle

@sizzling i don’t play any of those, mainly shooters. At the moment Fortnite and APex legends. They seem to be much less demanding than those.

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
I'M not saying this to be mean, but you seem focused in on the speed of your monitor. Honestly you would be better off with a nicer looking picture at 1440p say at 144hz. You would get the best of both worlds. At 1440p people can not tell the difference between 1440p and 4k because they are sitting right on top, or at least 1-3 feet away from their monitor. At these close distances the eye cant' differentiate the two. 4k is meant to be watched at 6-12 feet. And 144hz gives you nice smooth gameplay that you can match in fps. Throw freesync or gsync in and you have all the best of the worlds.

Reactions: Sav4

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador
I'M not saying this to be mean, but you seem focused in on the speed of your monitor. Honestly you would be better off with a nicer looking picture at 1440p say at 144hz. You would get the best of both worlds. At 1440p people can not tell the difference between 1440p and 4k because they are sitting right on top, or at least 1-3 feet away from their monitor. At these close distances the eye cant' differentiate the two. 4k is meant to be watched at 6-12 feet. And 144hz gives you nice smooth gameplay that you can match in fps. Throw freesync or gsync in and you have all the best of the worlds.

Haha wtf, people cant tell the difference between 1440p and 4k at normal monitor distance?

If you cant tell the difference you probably need glasses.

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador
"YOU" being the ones that did, not you personally. I meant no disrespect. And we can argue the "tell the difference" all day. I'm sure you can, point is not worth the money for 60hz and better gaming at 1440p.

Yeah I agree gaming is better at 1440p just because its noticably better than 1080p but doesnt require the power that 4k does.

I dont agree that 4k is not perceptibly different from 1440p.