Can 8x2 2400mhz be overclock to just 2667?

Solution
Not sure I'd say "unlikely to be stable" since there's a pretty high success rate with overclocking memory.

I'm not up on exactly how you overclock DDR4 memory with AM4 motherboards but like most overclocking it likely involves adjusting the frequency and the voltage. If 2666MHz fails try raising the voltage a bit. If that works fine, if not drop the frequency.

Your CPU will have a recommended MAXIMUM VOLTAGE so as not to damage the memory controller.

I can't confirm this but quickly looking I think 1.45V might be the recommended max.
run MEMTEST86 to validate www.memtest86.com

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
You can run higher speed ram in an A320 board, and overclock. BUT there is a reason a certain clock rate is on the ram and its sold at that rate. Your ram was tested to 2400mhz stable. If it was binned better it would have been sold as 2667 or 3000 or whatever.

So try it sure, but its unlikely to be stable.

Not sure I'd say "unlikely to be stable" since there's a pretty high success rate with overclocking memory.

I'm not up on exactly how you overclock DDR4 memory with AM4 motherboards but like most overclocking it likely involves adjusting the frequency and the voltage. If 2666MHz fails try raising the voltage a bit. If that works fine, if not drop the frequency.

Your CPU will have a recommended MAXIMUM VOLTAGE so as not to damage the memory controller.

I can't confirm this but quickly looking I think 1.45V might be the recommended max.
run MEMTEST86 to validate www.memtest86.com

Solution