[SOLVED] can a defective GPU have below average performance

Sep 29, 2019
My friend recently bought a 2080ti,but the card seems to perform a but below average on most benchmarks,32k on fire strike,12-13k on timespy,108-111 on heaven benchmark 1440p maxed out,130k in geek bench 5 and 40k on lux mark And 167% on userbenchmark

Most of these scores seem a bit lower than average (according to the info I could find on the internet),is it some sort of software problem or is the GPU defective (which we hope isn't the case lol)

Solution
Good. Sounds ok to me. I wouldn't worry unless something is overheating, graphical features are unavailable, or framerates in games are actually low.

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
a bit Lower than average on userbenchmark is nothing to worry about , if your alot lower in the scores you should worry . i got good results on systems scoring low myself on userbenchmark but the real results have been good.

Sep 29, 2019
a bit Lower than average on userbenchmark is nothing to worry about , if your alot lower in the scores you should worry . i got good results on systems scoring low myself on userbenchmark but the real results have been good.
Is everything else accept userbenchmark fine..?

What benchmark should we primarily use to test the GPU..?

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
yes imean do yous ee any problems ? if the results is 10-15 percent under average dont worry. if its 30-35 under average you should worry. userbenchmark is agood toll but somtimes dont give the best result.