Can a dodgy HDD connection cause these type of problems

DStruct

Reputable
Sep 15, 2016
So Ive been having very bizarre issues with my system lately, been thoroughly researching everything I can and due to the main type of issue mostly looking into graphics card / driver related problems, this is because the most common issue Ive been experiencing is like a pattern of.... system will freeze, screen will go black, then resumes as normal.. until it freezes and goes black again, on&on....

You would probably agree its related to the graphics card or drivers, perhaps the PSU as some had suggested... However

My new question is:

The secondary HDD that I have, which is mostly for storage of movies/music and lots of steam games has a dodgy SATA connection, its practically broke but still works...
Could it be possible that this dodgy (Not 100% secured) connection could cause such issues as described above?

Solution
Done all that and more than you can imagine nothing was working, was only the other day I took the PC apart to give it a good hoover so had to reconnect all the cables.. plus unplugged gfx card to clean, as well as mem ram. It was then when I remembered the dodgy HDD, so gave it a good push to try get it in tighter.
Since the above, so far.. fingers remaining crossed, all is well
I'd say its highly unlikely given what your describing. I think at most, if it disconnected while running in the OS you'd get a disk read error as its a secondary drive or some sort of BSOD .

What you describe sounds like a display driver crash and auto recovery doing its job. Might want to look through event viewer logs to see if something shows up.

DStruct

Reputable
Sep 15, 2016
Done all that and more than you can imagine nothing was working, was only the other day I took the PC apart to give it a good hoover so had to reconnect all the cables.. plus unplugged gfx card to clean, as well as mem ram. It was then when I remembered the dodgy HDD, so gave it a good push to try get it in tighter.
Since the above, so far.. fingers remaining crossed, all is well

Solution