Question Can a faulty CMOS battery causes computer not to turn on?

Aug 14, 2022
Hi guys, first time poster.
So long story short, 2 month ago my computer randomly shuts off without any warning and will not turn back on; no beeps no lights, nothing. It was as if the computer wasn't even powered. I check everything and nothing was solving this issue. So as an last ditched effort, I took out the CMOS battery and put it back in, and the computer turned on. Everything was smooth sailing until a couple days ago when the same thing happened again! sudden power off -> will not power up -> re-socket CMOS battery -> everything's fine. So my questions is this issue due to a faulty battery or is my motherboard is problem? The mobo is a gigabyte b365m ds3h.
Thank for the help.

Hi guys, first time poster.
So long story short, 2 month ago my computer randomly shuts off without any warning and will not turn back on; no beeps no lights, nothing. It was as if the computer wasn't even powered. I check everything and nothing was solving this issue. So as an last ditched effort, I took out the CMOS battery and put it back in, and the computer turned on. Everything was smooth sailing until a couple days ago when the same thing happened again! sudden power off -> will not power up -> re-socket CMOS battery -> everything's fine. So my questions is this issue due to a faulty battery or is my motherboard is problem? The mobo is a gigabyte b365m ds3h.
Thank for the help.
Cheap test.....replace the battery.