[SOLVED] Can a hdmi cable display 75hz?

Aug 20, 2021
So i have a 75hz lg monitor and a hdmi cable from my gpu to the monitor but whenever i play games it feels like 60hz or worse than that when my frame rate is about 120-144

i have changed the hz from 60 to 75 in the advanced display settings. what can be the probl
V Sync makes it a bit better but adds a lot of input lag

any help would be appreciated thanks!

Solution
So i have a 75hz lg monitor and a hdmi cable from my gpu to the monitor but whenever i play games it feels like 60hz or worse than that when my frame rate is about 120-144

i have changed the hz from 60 to 75 in the advanced display settings. what can be the probl

If you can configure it in your settings, your cable probably supports it. Play with an uncapped framerate, regardless 75hz isn't that much of a jump from 60hz, its probably barely noticable.

If your hdmi is gen 1.4 or 2 it should display up to 120hz

oldcracc

Reputable
Apr 10, 2019

If you can configure it in your settings, your cable probably supports it. Play with an uncapped framerate, regardless 75hz isn't that much of a jump from 60hz, its probably barely noticable.

Solution