Question Can a high end CPU bottle neck a lower end GPU?

Oct 12, 2024
Hello, I'm currently in the process of trying to pick my pc parts for my first ever build and I was wondering if a High end CPU can bottle neck a lower end GPU.
I was wondering because I wanted to know which part I should focus more on when it comes to buying them.

USAFRet

Titan
Hello, I'm currently in the process of trying to pick my pc parts for my first ever build and I was wondering if a High end CPU can bottle neck a lower end GPU.
I was wondering because I wanted to know which part I should focus more on when it comes to buying them.
Thats not how it works.

That B word is one of the most misused and misunderstood terms around.

Generally, the CPU creates the framerate, the GPU provides the eyecandy.

Your CPU will generate whatever frames it can, and the GPU will try to process those to display onscreen.
A low end GPU won't be able to process those frames fast enough, so you might have to turn the graphics level down.

Building a new system? You want things balanced.

Oct 12, 2024
Thats not how it works.

That B word is one of the most misused and misunderstood terms around.

Generally, the CPU creates the framerate, the GPU provides the eyecandy.

Your CPU will generate whatever frames it can, and the GPU will try to process those to display onscreen.
A low end GPU won't be able to process those frames fast enough, so you might have to turn the graphics level down.

Building a new system? You want things balanced.
Thank you for the information, I don't really know anything about pc's, so this helps greatly.

USAFRet

Titan
Thank you for the information, I don't really know anything about pc's, so this helps greatly.
Put that B word out of your mind.

Many people here will assist you in designing a full system, within whatever budget you have.