Question Can a laptop gets damage from plugging it into loose AVR socket?

x1n

Dec 29, 2022
Hello everyone, my laptop plugged into loose AVR socket and my questions are:

1. Does it harmful to laptop like it will short circuit?
  2. Which will be destroyed a laptop or the charger adapter?
  3. Does it leave a degradation in my laptop?

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model AVR? Source, condition, age, specs?

FYI:

https://boomspeaker.com/avr-vs-surge-protector/

From the AVR text:

"AVR captures current fluctuations and maintains the normal flow of output voltage. So, it stops fluctuations in electricity caused by factors such as inadequate power regulations and lightning from damaging your devices. [My underline.]

If the socket is loose and the laptop's plug is moving then that movement may cause the very problems that the AVR is intended to manage/prevent.

Any loose plug is problematic. The immediate results may not be as severe as your list but I would not continue using the loose socket.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

x1n

Dec 29, 2022
Make and model AVR? Source, condition, age, specs?

FYI:

https://boomspeaker.com/avr-vs-surge-protector/

From the AVR text:

"AVR captures current fluctuations and maintains the normal flow of output voltage. So, it stops fluctuations in electricity caused by factors such as inadequate power regulations and lightning from damaging your devices. [My underline.]

If the socket is loose and the laptop's plug is moving then that movement may cause the very problems that the AVR is intended to manage/prevent.

Any loose plug is problematic. The immediate results may not be as severe as your list but I would not continue using the loose socket.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
Its just a 3 weeks old generic AVR.

Ralston18

Titan
Generic products can be good, bad, or simply so-so. The same holds true for "high end" products.....

How effective they are, how long they last, how safe, etc., all depends on many factors.

Determine if the laptop plug is loose because of the AVR socket or the laptop plug itself.

If the AVR socket is loose then return the 3 week old AVR for a replacement AVR with a secure/tight socket connection.

Agree that there could be some other problem involved. However, as a matter of elimination try another AVR.

TRENDING THREADS