[SOLVED] Can a larger case

Solution
To be fair, this would be something to check the specs of the particular case you are looking at for. I have purchased a couple of cases in the "cheap/office" realm that only had standoff for the particular form and most common in the Micro-ATX type.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
To be fair, this would be something to check the specs of the particular case you are looking at for. I have purchased a couple of cases in the "cheap/office" realm that only had standoff for the particular form and most common in the Micro-ATX type.

Reactions: nbartolo7
Solution

nbartolo7

Honorable
Sep 4, 2017
Ok. Interesting. So, what do i need to look for in the case's description? 17 × 17 cm (6.7 × 6.7 in)? Will it even say that? Or will it just say, "support for ITX"?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Ok. Interesting. So, what do i need to look for in the case's description? 17 × 17 cm (6.7 × 6.7 in)? Will it even say that? Or will it just say, "support for ITX"?

Typically, they will state the specific forms they fit within the description. And not meaning the board wouldn't physically go inside the case, but the manufacturer may or may not have put standoffs or holes in those specific spots.

I have had a DIY PC case and a Rosewill case like this. They were both sub $30 options.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Thanks. And which specs do I need to check on the case to know if it accepts 120mm fans?

Pretty much just read through the feature set and it will normally tell you the # and size that will fit front, top, back, bottom if such applies.

Personally, I like to utilize NewEgg for shopping feature as they have a very rich and well 'documented' spec section among what they sell if the details are available. I tend to keep them in mind for an actual purchase when the price is good. I would warn, they are not the NewEgg they used to be so watch for who is actually delivering the product. Same goes for WalMart and Amazon as well. 3rd party sales can be a quagmire.

Reactions: nbartolo7