[SOLVED] Can a PCIE x1 card go in a PCIE x16 slot?

Tttheiler

Prominent
Dec 6, 2019
I am looking to buy a sound card and I realized that I had no PCIe x1 slots open. One was blocked by my graphics card and the other was occupied by a Wifi card. While doing research on whether or not it would work, I saw conflicting information.

I don't think its necessary, but the motherboard I am using is the ROG Strix x570-F
The sound card I am looking to get is the Creative Labs Soundblaster AE-9

Solution
I am looking to buy a sound card and I realized that I had no PCIe x1 slots open. One was blocked by my graphics card and the other was occupied by a Wifi card. While doing research on whether or not it would work, I saw conflicting information.

I don't think its necessary, but the motherboard I am using is the ROG Strix x570-F
Yes, an X1 card can be installed into an X16 slot. It may cause your graphics card to run as an X8.

kanewolf

Titan

Yes, an X1 card can be installed into an X16 slot. It may cause your graphics card to run as an X8.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS