Question Can a single mosquitoes potentially cause damage in the long run

Jan 17, 2020
I live in a place where mosquitoes are plentiful, Dunno why they see our house as a hotel for them.

I generally try to keep my room as clean as possible. But sometimes one or two of these little buggers stills finds a way to slip past my room. Now they are casually flying around whenever I am here. So far they are not annoying me but I fear for my pc. Because if this thing breaks, I won't have anything to replace it. and took me a considerable amount of time to save up and build my pc

Mod Edit for Language

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 17, 2020
Is this a laptop or desktop computer?

If desktop, does it have fan filters?
I have a desktop. and no, No filters of some sort. I don't even have an intake fan in my case my psu is acting as an exhaust fan for my case. For now, this is my case but I'll buy a better one since money is tight

I wouldn't worry about it too much, but I suppose that depends on how many mosquitoes are flying around your room.

A cheap solution is women's nylons. Cut them and use them as filter media for each opening: fan vents, vented expansion slot covers, rear of PSU. No mosquitoes flying through that! Also, the inside of your PC will remain dust free.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mezoxin

Mezoxin

Reputable
Nov 3, 2019
I have the same problem and with the white LED in my case it acts as a magnet for them , i have found two occasions where a mosquito has somehow find its way inside the case , they get through the exhaust vents on the rear panel