[SOLVED] Can a usb c to display port 1.2 adapter run 240hz g sync

cole.yarbrough04

Commendable
Sep 25, 2018
I was looking at a usb c to display port 1.2 adapter. I was wondering if this could run 1080p 240hz if I plugged the usb c on the adapter into my GPU and a display port 1.2 cable from the display port 1.2 in the adapter to my monitor.

I was looking at a usb c to display port 1.2 adapter. I was wondering if this could run 1080p 240hz if I plugged the usb c on the adapter into my GPU and a display port 1.2 cable from the display port 1.2 in the adapter to my monitor.

This is a bit confusing, from the way you wrote things, you will be taking a USB C display port adapter, then connecting that to your video card? You are connecting two outputs together, nothing good will happen. You may want to clarify a bit what you are connecting to what here.

The only GPUs that I know of that have a USB C output are the latest Nvidia cards, which also have DP outputs. So why wouldn't you just use DP without the adapter?
He's run out of DP outputs

Reactions: TJ Hooker
Getting a USB C to DP adapter won't help one bit with running games on a triple monitor setup, read your original post and put your replies there. Don't start a new thread.
USB C to DP will just add a second slower video card to the system. Yes you will get one more DP port, but not for gaming.

Getting a USB C to DP adapter won't help one bit with running games on a triple monitor setup, read your original post and put your replies there. Don't start a new thread.
USB C to DP will just add a second slower video card to the system. Yes you will get one more DP port, but not for gaming.
He's talking about using the USB-C output on his graphics card. Newer NVIDIA graphics cards have a USB-C output.