CAN AN AMD a10 5800 AND HD 7970 GHZ EDITION STILL PROVIDE GOOD PERFORMANCE

Sonu_22

Prominent
Apr 3, 2017
do u think that an Amd a10 5800 and an hd 7970 ghz edition can make me able to play latest games at 1080p or less with medium to high setting at more than 30fps.....
remember i am tight on bughet
i am getting the whole setup in just 200$
as i am willing to play cod infinitive warfare so i dont wana buy a console
i wana play these games
FRYCRY 4
RESIDENT EVIL 7
GTA 5
TOM CLANCY GHOST RECON
JUST CAUSE 3
ASSAIN CREED UNITY
OVER WATCH
MAFIA 3
SNIPER GHSOT WARRIOR 3
COD ADVANCED WARFARE 2

Solution

I'm sorry this isn't really accurate. It depends on the game howeve quite a few of those games will run...

Lutfij

Titan
You will more than likely suffer from a bottleneck from your CPU side given that the GPU tends to operate better when paired with an i7 Haswell GPU. In retrospect, if you're asking if you can play on the APU+GPU, then yes you can however if you're asking about how well you can play it, then it's going to be , bad, really bad.

Furthermore, if you're getting the entire system for 200USD, then you're being duped into buying a bad system since a quality PSU would cost about a 4th of that budget. So to ask, what are your system's specs for this 200USD system?
List them as:
CPU/APU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
Chassis:
PSU:

Sonu_22

Prominent
Apr 3, 2017
man i want to know that will 2 core to quad 2,66 ghz in the cpu with dual processor slots will be a good choice for my rig
further more will an opteron 6core cpu with overclock to 4.0 ghz do the job done

Lutfij

Titan
You didn't post back with your specs. As far as clock speeds go, even if you had the A10 clocked to 7 GHZ, it wouldn't make a difference. I'm currently responding to you on an A10-6800K system and it was only meant to operate off the iGPU and meant for that Esports crowd, not for people trying to play AAA titles.

You could play the games stated above but the details would have to be reduced.

I'm sorry this isn't really accurate. It depends on the game howeve quite a few of those games will run fine on a 7970 and 5800 imo. AMD cpu's aren't *that* bad. The main downside of going that route is it will be on the old FM2 platform, which means you won't be able to upgrade the cpu beyond what it is.

Here's a video showing an A10 5800 paired with a GTX 950 (note the HD 7970 is more powerful than this gpu, but I can't find that specific combo anywhere):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XCw9sIrH-g

That's running in the 40 - 50 fps range. That's perfectly playable imo. For $200 sounds like a decent deal if you can cope with keeping settings down a bit (I'm assuming that's a second hand machine?).

@Lutfij is correct that you'll get better performance out of an Intel build but that will also cost a lot more. The 7970 is a good card so you could always keep that if you upgrade in the future (also FM2 uses DDR3 ram so you could potentially keep that if you go for say a second hand haswell mobo / cpu in the future).

Out of all those games it's oly really Just Cause 3 and Assisns Creed Unity that I think you might have problems with.

Solution