Can anybody tell me what's wrong with my laptop?

Gibsonlespaul123

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
I'm at wit's end now. I've made a post before about this, but it didn't seem to help so I'll make a more detailed question.

I have a laptop (HP envy j144na, i7 4700mq, 16gb ram, 840m) with both an HDD and an SSD. Recently, I sent it to hp to be repaired. Before I did that, I took out the SSD with all my valuable school stuff so it was sent to HP without windows and only an HDD.

They sent it back to me, the HDD now had windows on it. I wiped it and formatted it. Then, when I plugged in the SSD my laptop worked! But when I added the HDD, it didn't for some reason (even though the HDD was empty).

Now it won't work even with only the SSD installed. It doesn't get past the screen that says "Boot device not found". From there I can go to the BIOS, where I can't change jack shit because it's a laptop, or go to F2 which is "system diagnostics" which also doesn't do absolute shit.

There USED to be an option up until yesterday that sent me to some HP Uefi screen that let me update my bios, but that too is now for some reason gone. I can't do anything anymore and I have no idea why.

I even tried to plug in the SSD from my desktop, but it wouldn't accept it either and just refused to boot, again.

I'm really sad and tired of this and anybody who gives me the winning tip will get an amazon gift card from me.

Kind regards.

Gibsonlespaul123

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012

That was the first thing I tried. Neither the SSD nor the HDD can be seen in the boot order menu.