Question Can anyone please tell me what is that weird sound coming from my gpu?

Jan 19, 2023
Hello everone. I have Gigabyte Aorus 6800 XT gpu. And when i do something in my pc most of times i heard weird sound. Finally i figure that noise coming from my graphic card. I upload a short video. Can you watch and give me any idea what this is? Thank you

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/1E-Hd5ZjfF4

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
When you move the mouse around? I can sort of hear it, mostly just hearing your fan noise. If so that is coil whine.

My 3080Ti does that too. (Then again so does my Dell Latitude)

Advice I have seen involves changing the polling rate of your mouse? Is it obscenely high?

Also moving the mouse to a different USB port/controller. (That didn't help me much)

I pretty much just put head phones on at home. And the office is noisy enough I don't often notice the whine.

Jan 19, 2023
When you move the mouse around? I can sort of hear it, mostly just hearing your fan noise. If so that is coil whine.

My 3080Ti does that too. (Then again so does my Dell Latitude)

Advice I have seen involves changing the polling rate of your mouse? Is it obscenely high?

Also moving the mouse to a different USB port/controller. (That didn't help me much)

I pretty much just put head phones on at home. And the office is noisy enough I don't often notice the whine.

First of all thank you for your advice.
No not moving around my mouse. As you can see if i want to open gigabyte app center we heard that noise. Like my gpu struggling to open that app. Or any graphic related business. Like game or adobe premiere...
No, again as you can see my gpu fan didn't rotate in that moment. (Fan Speed 0 )
So not about my fan or my mouse..
Yea definitely i can use head phones. My problem is; that noise could be means the end of my gpu? Or that noise simply can be gone with cleaning and changing pads.. :(

Jan 19, 2023

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aACtT_rzToI

Gigabyte may have fixed it by now, but this was very common during the GPU shortage, people were getting these things with 3080 and they were popping.

Coil whine isn't dangerous to the card, just annoying in my experience.

EVGA put a lot of goop on my card in lieu of thermal pads around the chokes. I stupidly removed it when I went for water cooling. I really need to get in there and put some new thermal goop in, I'm certain they did that to muffle it.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
My old pair of GTX980 sounded like a teeny motorcycle, but only in WoW. Had to cap it to 60 FPS.

3080Ti really screams in some game menus, really need them to implement a frame limiter (Elden Ring's menu killed a lot of 30 series cards before they released some vBIOS updates)