[SOLVED] Can anyone recommend a 6-pin fan hub/splitter with temperature control?

Dec 31, 2022
The case I recently bought (Sahara P35) came with 4 rgb fans with 6 pin connectors and a splitter that fits them. However, the splitter doesnt connect to the motherboard (only to the rgb button on the case) and doesnt have any kind of temperature control meaning that I can only set it to the two presets, one of which is very slow and the other is maximum. While I haven't had any problems yet with keeping it on the low setting, I am worried that if the system does start to overheat it won't be able to cool itself since the fans will be stuck on the low setting.
I've been looking for a solution to this since I got the case, but most of the fan hubs and splitters I found for sale have the same problem. Also, finding out that the fan connectors are six pin makes it even harder to find as it seems like I will need an own-brand Sahara splitter. Basically, I'm now stuck and was wondering if any of you have had the same problem or could give me advice (on either getting a working fan hub or making my own work)
Sorry this was long lol, just wanted to include as much information as I could

Solution
Sorry, I expect you cannot achieve what you wish with those fans. The fans have non-standard wiring and connectors, and we do NOT know which wires are for which, or even whether they use the same Voltages and signal types as "standard" fans. So trying to custom re-wire their connections to use standard mobo headers instead of the included SAHARA control board is extremely risky with no info to base that on. The only way to get the types of control available with "standard" lighted fans would be to replace all of those fans with new ones. And THAT change assumes that your MOBO has all the headers of the correct type (it likely does) to deal with those new fans.

Regarding cooling with what you already have, you can follow two options...

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Sorry, I expect you cannot achieve what you wish with those fans. The fans have non-standard wiring and connectors, and we do NOT know which wires are for which, or even whether they use the same Voltages and signal types as "standard" fans. So trying to custom re-wire their connections to use standard mobo headers instead of the included SAHARA control board is extremely risky with no info to base that on. The only way to get the types of control available with "standard" lighted fans would be to replace all of those fans with new ones. And THAT change assumes that your MOBO has all the headers of the correct type (it likely does) to deal with those new fans.

Regarding cooling with what you already have, you can follow two options. One is to run slow speed fans and monitor system temperatures somehow, intervening to change the fan speed setting when temperatures are higher from high workloads. The other is to set the fan always at full speed. This gives you all the cooling possible (and too much for some workloads, but that's OK), but will result in higher constant noise levels.

By the way, there are VERY few third-party fan control devices able to use the temperature sensors on a mobo to achieve some form of automatic temperature control. More commonly you can get fan HUBS that use the control signals output from a mobo fan header for such control. BUT all such device connect to their fans with STANDARD wiring and connectors your fans do not have. PLUS such devices are for fan MOTORS only, and the LIGHTS in the fan frames require a different Controller or mobo header again with standard connectors.

Reactions: many_fan_problems
Solution
Dec 31, 2022
Thanks for your reply and suggestions, the fan hubs you mentioned were what I was already looking at before I realised my fans had non-standard connectors.
Unfortunately the fan controller remote that came with the case doesn't work so if I wanted to change the speed I would have to open it up but thankfully I don't play high-spec games that often so it's not a massive issue.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Right. That's typical of simple control boards, especially ones with only a high and low speed choice. You get a manual switch on the board which is located inside your case, so it's hard to change. Since that seems to be OK for your likely use pattern, you have your options figured out.

Thank for Best Solution.