Can anyone recommend a decent HDMI Switcher?

al92

Reputable
Oct 29, 2017
Hi,

I need to purchase a really simple but reliable HDMI input switcher, to allow a user to choose which one of two inputs they want to show on a screen. The users will not be particularly tech-savvy, so ideally I'd like one which simply has two buttons on the unit itself, and you just press channel 1 or channel 2 to choose.

I've looked online but most seem to be either remote operated, or just have a single button where you have to cycle through the inputs.

Any recommendations would be greatly valued!

Thanks

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
A 2port switch is all you need, and typically those will all come from 'off' brand companies. The bigger/more reputable companies spend their time with larger 5x1 (or even more) switches/splitter/duplicators, for use in commercial spaces.

Something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Portta-Switch-Switcher-Bi-Direction-support/dp/B00EO1GMNU/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1542639940&sr=1-3-spons&keywords=2+port+hdmi+switch&psc=1

Is all you really need. While quality control is always unknown with this kind of thing, it just "worked" for ~75% of the reviews on Amazon. Only about 10% was it defective out of the box.