[SOLVED] Can anyone tell me the purpose of that extra cable?

Solution
The blue one is for USB3.0, like other member said. Other one, the 9-pin, is either USB2.0 or USB1.0/1.1, but I guess it should be the USB2.0.

The cable is for either the USB3.0 device or the USB2.0 device. keep in mind, the front USB port speed will have the USB2.0 speed only, if you use the 9-pin connector for your device.
Mar 14, 2019
The blue header is for USB 3.0. The black one is just a USB 1.0, 1.1 connector depending on the motherboards headers or the age of the case. If it was a 2.0 it would be labeled USB2

so the purpose of that usb 1.0/1.1 connector is to use the front socket in absence of usb 3.0 connector on my mobo?

The blue one is for USB3.0, like other member said. Other one, the 9-pin, is either USB2.0 or USB1.0/1.1, but I guess it should be the USB2.0.

The cable is for either the USB3.0 device or the USB2.0 device. keep in mind, the front USB port speed will have the USB2.0 speed only, if you use the 9-pin connector for your device.

Solution

Dave8671

Distinguished
I have never seen headers like that piggyback on an UBS 3.0 header. But its a way to save header cables. My older 3 gen gigabyte mobo i3 has a standard black small header which I have to use an adaptor to use on most newer case.