[SOLVED] Can anyone with X470Pro confirm compatibility.

SkyRock1986

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
Does anyone know from experience if the X470 pro will support G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin RGB DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) its not listed as a mobo for G.Skill

Solution
Same thing. Samsung and SkHynix make all the ic's for the gskill Trident-Z series, the Royals are supposedly better binned, but have standard CL timings. This allows for better OC above and beyond the jedec settings and the best chance of stability/compatability at rated speeds. That and the Royals have a limited edition heatsink/rgb.

For all intents and purposes, the Royals are the Dominators of the gskill brand.

As far as speed compatability goes, the Royals shouldn't have any issues, speeds are set by the cpu/memory controller, which for 2ndGen Ryzen is 3200MHz on the jedec tables. The RGB is a different story, it's not a standard controller so may or may not be compatible. As far as I know, Asus Aura Sync was compatible, but not...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Same thing. Samsung and SkHynix make all the ic's for the gskill Trident-Z series, the Royals are supposedly better binned, but have standard CL timings. This allows for better OC above and beyond the jedec settings and the best chance of stability/compatability at rated speeds. That and the Royals have a limited edition heatsink/rgb.

For all intents and purposes, the Royals are the Dominators of the gskill brand.

As far as speed compatability goes, the Royals shouldn't have any issues, speeds are set by the cpu/memory controller, which for 2ndGen Ryzen is 3200MHz on the jedec tables. The RGB is a different story, it's not a standard controller so may or may not be compatible. As far as I know, Asus Aura Sync was compatible, but not sure if gskill has released compatability for the other rgb controller softwares. Might be the reason it's not listed as compatible.

Reactions: DMAN999
Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
They are stunning, and I'm not really a fan of over-the-top rgb, but nobody has anything remotely close. I personally think the Trident's have the best looking rgb out of all the vendors, especially the 4stick kits, but the Gigabyte Aorus RGB ram offering 2x stick kits with 2x matching 'dummys' to fill the other 2 slots is a Ryzen dream made reality. Thumbs up from me for those kits, it's about time.

SkyRock1986

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
My case has the dark Tempered glass side panels that make my RGB look fasincating without seeing the motherboard itself, so not having the dummy sticks in my other ports does not show if you know what I mean. But ALL my components have RGB except my wireless card.