The Electro Machine

Commendable
BANNED
Jan 28, 2021
I use multiple units of almost the same model of wireless mini keyboard with back-light. They are relatively cheap and do not really have a brand as many Chinese factories apparently copy the design with little to no changes. All of the keyboards used to die way too fast for my taste: despite having BL-5C batteries labeled as 1020 mAh they could last as little as 1 day of heavy duty usage. And so I made a deep search and at the end of the Internet bought two units of the same battery that had 1400 mAh. And the difference was stunning: first one [being factory charged] lasted me a whopping 14 days, while the other [under a heavier load] sufficed for 11

So I recharged them the way like I always do, by connecting the keyboards to my PC with high end PSU with a USB micro [mini?] cable - and I was disappointed. Because this time [although under extreme usage] one lasted merely 3 days, while the second one 5 days. Then the first one, after second recharging lasted also 5 days

And so my question is: is it possible that these cheap keyboards have recharging electronic that sucks at their job? And if I were to buy a professional BL-5C recharging device, I could maximize the potential of my batteries?

kanewolf

Titan
I use multiple units of almost the same model of wireless mini keyboard with back-light. They are relatively cheap and do not really have a brand as many Chinese factories apparently copy the design with little to no changes. All of the keyboards used to die way too fast for my taste: despite having BL-5C batteries labeled as 1020 mAh they could last as little as 1 day of heavy duty usage. And so I made a deep search and at the end of the Internet bought two units of the same battery that had 1400 mAh. And the difference was stunning: first one [being factory charged] lasted me a whopping 14 days, while the other [under a heavier load] sufficed for 11

So I recharged them the way like I always do, by connecting the keyboards to my PC with high end PSU with a USB micro [mini?] cable - and I was disappointed. Because this time [although under extreme usage] one lasted merely 3 days, while the second one 5 days. Then the first one, after second recharging lasted also 5 days

And so my question is: is it possible that these cheap keyboards have recharging electronic that sucks at their job? And if I were to buy a professional BL-5C recharging device, I could maximize the potential of my batteries?
BL-5C chargers are cheap. Get one an try it.