[SOLVED] Can connect to wifi but internet doesn't work

Sep 6, 2019
I have a On Networks N300R router and I had a problem that i couldn't connect to the router settings page on pc or on the phone, because of this i did a factory reset on my router. After that I was able to connect to the router settings via wifi through my phone, but the internet didn't work. I though that if I completed the setup my wifi internet would work. But it didn't...

I tried to tweak some settings of the router but it didn't work and now im stuck.

By the way I have a ethernet cable connected to the router LAN and then another ethernet cable connected to LAN that connects to the pc. The pc has internet and sometimes I can connect to the router page through the pc, but sometimes I can't.

The router wasn's supplied by ISP.

Solution
I don't really understand a lot about networking and routers, but I managed to fix my problem. All I did was went to the LAN Ports settings and dissabled "Use Router as DHCP Server" and now my wifi is working. I don't really know what it did, but it works now.
By the way I have a ethernet cable connected to the router LAN and then another ethernet cable connected to LAN that connects to the pc.
Wow-wow-wow.

U seem to suggest this WIFI router is used as an Access Point. Can you confirm this?

In a typical LAN, u can have as many WIFI stations as u like, but you should really have ONE and only one WIFI ROUTER doing the duty of a NAT, and the rest should be configured as Access Points only. APs do not create a new subnet, it doesn't do NAT, WAN port often not used at all, no DHCP here either.

Sep 6, 2019
Well, I may have written it wrong or given you not enough information, my WIFI router isn't used as an Access Point I only have one router. I just wanted to say that a ethernet cable which comes out of the wall is connected to the router and then I use another cable to connect the router with my pc, because thats the only way my pc can recieve internet (whell I can use an adapter, but I don't want to spend money for no good reason)

Sorry for any misunderstandigs, I'll try to give as much information as possible.

I only have one router. I just wanted to say that a ethernet cable which comes out of the wall is connected to the router and then I use another cable to connect the router with my pc
Well then in this case, good, but is:

WALL ---> (WAN)WIFI router(LAN)----> PC. Correct?

Your first post, u made it sound like WALL ----(LAN)WIFI router.

whell I can use an adapter, but I don't want to spend money for no good reason)
Ethernet actually is the more reliable connection. If this is not working for you, I suspect u have hooked up something wrong.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019
I don't really understand a lot about networking and routers, but I managed to fix my problem. All I did was went to the LAN Ports settings and dissabled "Use Router as DHCP Server" and now my wifi is working. I don't really know what it did, but it works now.

Solution