Can Corsair CX430 last 5++ years ? (MS Office+Web browsing)

anderson9987

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2014
My build is just a cheap one

i3 6100
ssd 120gb kingston
4gb ram
No Gpu
And the Psu

My sister will only use the pc 3 or 4 hours per day.
Just MS Office and Web Browsing.

Do you think it can last for several years?
Or must I be lucky to see it last for 5 or more years?

Solution
I don't typically recommend gaming builds with Corsair CXs, simply because the powerful, discrete GPUs have a significant and irregular power requirement, which generally makes a higher-tier PSU prudent. For an office rig such as this, however, something like a CX is perfectly reasonable, you're not asking a lot of the capacitors. I'd also check the various Seasonic 350 bronze-rated PSUs, which frequently are even less expensive than the CX 430.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I don't typically recommend gaming builds with Corsair CXs, simply because the powerful, discrete GPUs have a significant and irregular power requirement, which generally makes a higher-tier PSU prudent. For an office rig such as this, however, something like a CX is perfectly reasonable, you're not asking a lot of the capacitors. I'd also check the various Seasonic 350 bronze-rated PSUs, which frequently are even less expensive than the CX 430.

Solution

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

It's the other way around. The newer ones with the generated rails and the better capacitor selection tend to end in 50 (which works until you get to 750, which did have an older CX).

I don't think it's *necessary* however as this is a very light office rig.