Question can cpu cause huuuge fps increase?

I_Claw

Reputable
Apr 22, 2019
I watched a video on youtube of someone using an i5 9400f with a gtx 1660 and he was hitting 300 fps on fortnite low settings while i have ryzen 5 2400g and gtx 1660 ti 16gb ram and im using same settings and im gettling 150 to 220 fps max? does a better cpu actually cause that much difference?

It depends on game and what it's engine is depending on. Some games need better IPC clock at single thread, some more cores. There are also different game settings that would make it more GPU dependent etc. Some other game would do better on your computer than his.

I_Claw

Reputable
Apr 22, 2019
he is using same graphic settings as me and a lower graphics card and your telling me he is getting 100 more fps than me why is that and my screen even freezes for like quarter of a second then comes back any help with that?

Some games are very cpu dependent. Think of it this way, the cpu determines the best FPS you can run at game at, the gpu decides what resolution and game settings you can achieve those FPS at.

Also with Ryzen RAM speed is very important. What speed is your RAM?

I_Claw

Reputable
Apr 22, 2019
My frames in pubg are good although i feel like i should get alot more but my problem is with stuttering and low gpu usage and thats probably whats causing my pc to underperform @sizzling

Last edited: