Can full RAM usage lower my fps?

Aug 10, 2018
Hi everyone, i am playing on a Quad 2 Core Q9400 @3.3Ghz and i have a GTX 650
I only have 4GB RAM DDR2 (2x2) and in some games (overwatch/dragon age inquisition for example) my RAM gets to 4000mb (full).

On overwatch my GPU and CPU never reach 100% usage and i get about 55~35 fps but i experience a some really annoying stutters and the game takes very long to load and sometimes the characters(in the game) won´t load for 5 mins, the menus take time to load and everything feels slow (even with good fps)

On dragon age i experience less stutters, but my frame rate won´t go up a lot (40~25) even at minimum settings (with both GPU and CPU around 60~70 % usage).

So, im pretty sure if i get more RAM my games will stop stuterring, but i want to know if the fps will increase as well. The stutters don´t actually bother me on dragon age, but the frames are too much low for me, thank you for your time and sorry for any english mistakes i may have done ^^.

Solution
you have 2 types of memory:
RAM -> fast
page file -> 100-10000x slower, as its "memory" on HDD or SSD
once you cross ~75% of ram used OS will send less used data to page file. if your game data will end up in LESS used data, fps will drop horribily.

if your build is ram-bound, then FPS will go up a lot, if cpu and gpu is not reaching 100% then yes, fps will go up, up the point where CPU or GPU will hit 100%
you have 2 types of memory:
RAM -> fast
page file -> 100-10000x slower, as its "memory" on HDD or SSD
once you cross ~75% of ram used OS will send less used data to page file. if your game data will end up in LESS used data, fps will drop horribily.

if your build is ram-bound, then FPS will go up a lot, if cpu and gpu is not reaching 100% then yes, fps will go up, up the point where CPU or GPU will hit 100%

Solution
Aug 10, 2018

Oh, thank you man, do you know how much fps i might get? i don´t really have the money right now and i need to know how much fps are we talking about.

usual gain when you dont hit 100% should be around 10 FPS but if you hitting 100% then it might double, even triple.

Aug 10, 2018

sounds good, thank you!