[SOLVED] Can get my mobos to switch between the dedicated graphics card ad the igc settings

Mar 28, 2020
Hey guys first off i wanna say thanks for all the helpful solutions you guys post. I'm a long time reader but first time poster. so here is my problem.
i have a MSI 450 m pro max mother board with a RYZEN 3 3200G cpu. i also have the Nvidia GTX 1030 video card, im trying to run my 17 inch monitor off my mother board as it only supports VGA connection, The GTX 1030 does not have a VGA connection. Im also running my 28 in Samsung smart TV off the GTX1030 using HDMI( and its works awesome) my MOBO does support the ability to switch or i guess (force the IGPU) to be enabled as well. (it doesnt have the option to enable in the mobo it gives me disable force and auto. i have had absolutely no luck getting the 17 to connect to the mobo's using force or auto. is there any other suggestions i can try to get the monitor running?

i have all my driver updated and i have also converted all my drive over to uefi from Bios which also didnt make any difference.
i have tried using this tutorial but it hasn't worked at all either
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZSSzoQrrkw

so idk what to do any suggestions would be helpful thank you

Solution
unless your motherboard and GPU have an "SLI\Crossfire\shared" option to enable them to work together i doubt this will be possible.

your only current option is probably using an output adapter; DP or HDMI > VGA, to run your old 17" and the Samsung both from your dedicated GPU.

the best option would be to get a decent modern display that supports modern connections.
unless your motherboard and GPU have an "SLI\Crossfire\shared" option to enable them to work together i doubt this will be possible.

your only current option is probably using an output adapter; DP or HDMI > VGA, to run your old 17" and the Samsung both from your dedicated GPU.

the best option would be to get a decent modern display that supports modern connections.

Last edited:
Solution