Can I add a secondary GPU if I already have integrated graphics with my processor?

Krankiness

Reputable
Jan 28, 2015
I have an HP Pavillion 500-c60 desktop computer with an AMD Quad-Core A6-5200 APU processor and an integrated Radeon HD 8400 Graphics card. I don't know much about adding new parts, so I was wondering if it's possible to install a secondary GPU. I've already taken a look inside of my computer, but it's still pretty confusing to me.

Solution
You definitely can add a 2nd GPU. If you install a compatible AMD GPU, it'll crossfire. Else you can set your integrated GPU mount another monitor or simply disable.
Yes, you will almost certainly have a PCI-E x16 port, if you need to know what it is just search it in google and compare from pictures to know if you have one.

If you do adding a new GPU will be easy, but you should know your CPU is very weak so you could only add a fairly weak GPU without the CPU slowing it down.

Multi-GPU configurations like Crossfire are really problematic to begin with. Its really best to avoid it. Using the integrated GPU for a second monitor often works well, but stay away from Crossfire.