[SOLVED] Can I build a 9th gen i7 Gaming PC on an $800 budget?

N1njaDestr0yer

Honorable
Mar 2, 2017
Hello PC Enthusiasts,

I have question as to see If Is possible to build an i7 9900k PC with a 1080Ti on an $800 budget. Can it be done or not really this would also serve as an updated Gaming PC for myself, my i7 4770k is still working fine, but I want to update to newer hardware before my PC becomes "Obsolete" when the newest i7's CPUs come out. Keep in mind this will be a Used build, Also I know the current GPU market is kinda messed up and prices are triple of what they would normally be for graphics cards (Thanks COVID :mad:) anyyyyyyy who this PC I want to build would be used because I could get some cheap deals on computer parts if someone was updating on to newer PC hardware. I have made the choice on the case(s) I want to use but I am stuck between two and can't decide as for which one to use..... let me know which you like or would recommend.

Case #1: Coolermaster Q300L TUF Micro ATX

Pros:
Smaller Form Factor
Easier to place on a shelf
Cheaper Price

Cons:
No Room for cable management
Grandma's Spaghetti

Case #2: Fractal Design Define R5 -ATX - Micro Tower -

Pros:
x2 140mm Fans (pre-included)
Enough space for Cable Management

Cons:
Little bit more expensive than the Coolermaster

Then again I had this PC in mind as a I wanted to explore a couple other careers/hobbies... Video Editing for Youtube Videos, and making Music (DJ on a PC), let me know of your thoughts, or is this whole idea just stupid or poorly timed IDK,

Thanks

-N1nja

May 5, 2021
Hello PC Enthusiasts,

I have question as to see If Is possible to build an i7 9900k PC with a 1080Ti on an $800 budget. Can it be done or not really
If you want to build it with new parts, building a system with those specs is impossible. This is the closest I got, https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VtKwbh, but it only leaves around $180 for the 1080-ti. Also, these prices are before shipping and tax. Good luck finding something on the used market.

Used parts cost is whatever you can find at the time, what is on sale changes all the time, as do prices people ask for them. You may want to list your exact full parts list now and what issues you are having with the system to make you want to upgrade. I have a 4th gen i5 CPU in a computer with an nVidia 1060 and have not had issues running any game on it, of course I don't obsess over getting 60 fps exactly at max settings, so it runs just fine on just plain old Medium settings.