Can i build this PC?

buzenco1990

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017
Hello, I have a question, can i build this PC?

Intel Core i5-7500 4x 3.40GHz BOX
MSI H170A Gaming Pro
8192MB Corsair Vengeance LPX DIMM Kit DDR4
MSI GeForce GTX 1050 TI Gaming X
Aerocool800
Seagate 1tb
Sandisk 120 GB
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Solution
11% wasted performance, what utter rubbish, you cannot calculate a bottleneck like that. I know there is a website that does this but I also know its completely inaccurate and doesn't look at all variables.

That build is ok but I'm not keen on i5's at the moment. Personally Id look at Ryzen builds, probably Ryzen 1500X. It's a quad but has 8 threads and comes with a decent cooler good enough for light overclocking. We already know 4 core CPU's are being demoted to the i3 range when Coffee Lake comes out so even Intel know 4 cores is no longer mid range and games are starting to benefit from more than 4 threads.

Will you be gaming at 1080p 60Hz?
11% wasted performance, what utter rubbish, you cannot calculate a bottleneck like that. I know there is a website that does this but I also know its completely inaccurate and doesn't look at all variables.

That build is ok but I'm not keen on i5's at the moment. Personally Id look at Ryzen builds, probably Ryzen 1500X. It's a quad but has 8 threads and comes with a decent cooler good enough for light overclocking. We already know 4 core CPU's are being demoted to the i3 range when Coffee Lake comes out so even Intel know 4 cores is no longer mid range and games are starting to benefit from more than 4 threads.

Will you be gaming at 1080p 60Hz?

Solution

ComputerGeek21

Honorable
Aug 5, 2017

wow i see why your named "sizzling
anyway i think that mobo and cpu are incompatiable, at least without tampering with the bios.

Yeah the H170 would need to be on a newer BIOS. I got side tracked by the cpu/gpu combo and that 11% comment. I just have a pet hate for inaccurate numbers especially when trying to help others less familiar with the topic. If its come from the website I have seen before it doesn't tell you what games/setting/resolution this percentage is based on which are all key factors. Is it based on 1 game or a 1000?