[SOLVED] Can I Create a Shortcut to Remotely Reset my Wifi Adaptor?

SwissxPiplup

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2015
Sometimes I find that my wifi adaptor will lose connection for a few seconds, and then it will disconnect and reconnect, as in lose power from the USB; I'm almost certain this is an issue with the motherboard but I just can't afford to fix it now, so the solution I've found is simply to reset the wifi adaptor.

I do this by troubleshooting while it's losing connection, and the troubleshooter will then reset the wifi adaptor for me; I'm wondering if there's a way to skip the troubleshooting process and just reset the adaptor remotely using a short cut I can double click on the desktop or in the task bar.

I would manually unplug it and plug it back in but I really need to stress how often it does it. Also I would opt for an ethernet cable, but unfortunately my location in relation to the modem makes this expensive.

So in conclusion, is there a way I can create a shortcut to reset my wifi adaptor remotely?

Thank you.

Solution
Open Notepad. Type the following:

@Echo off
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

In notepad go to file, save as, in "save as type" select all files. Then name the file: resetip.bat and save it on your desktop. To reset Wifi double click on the bat file. If it does not run, right click on the file and select run as administrator.

dizzyh

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2013
Open Notepad. Type the following:

@Echo off
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

In notepad go to file, save as, in "save as type" select all files. Then name the file: resetip.bat and save it on your desktop. To reset Wifi double click on the bat file. If it does not run, right click on the file and select run as administrator.

Last edited:
Solution