[SOLVED] Can I create two networks on a single router?

Reverend2100

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013
Hi everybody!

I have an elderly neighbor who can't afford internet or even a phone line. I have a phone he can use that allows WiFi calling, and I want to let him use my internet but because this is my work network (I work from home) I really am worried about security, and we have slow connection here anyway and I'd like to be able to limit his bandwidth.

So I'm thinking about a router, ideally with built in modem, that will allow me to create more than one network so he can be firewalled and throttled ( I don't want to even think about what he downloads!).

Also aside from that, I pay online a lot on pc and PS4 whilst my wife is binging Netflix, so maybe that also needs considering.

UK based on BT.

My budget is £150.

Can anyone advise?

Solution
Hi everybody!

I have an elderly neighbor who can't afford internet or even a phone line. I have a phone he can use that allows WiFi calling, and I want to let him use my internet but because this is my work network (I work from home) I really am worried about security, and we have slow connection here anyway and I'd like to be able to limit his bandwidth.

So I'm thinking about a router, ideally with built in modem, that will allow me to create more than one network so he can be firewalled and throttled ( I don't want to even think about what he downloads!).

Also aside from that, I pay online a lot on pc and PS4 whilst my wife is binging Netflix, so maybe that also needs considering.

UK based on BT.

My budget is £150.

Can...
Hi everybody!

UK based on BT.

My budget is £150.

Can anyone advise?
Many routers support guest network.
Enable the guess network and the users connected to guest network will only have access to the internet.

Solution
Oct 23, 2019
Yeah it's possible u create two ssid in same router... U increase or decrease the bandwidth for each ssid... My suggestions u prefer one ssid for work purpose & install any antivirus VPN for security purposes... It's very secure encryption VPN tunneling for eg : bitdefender VPN..