[SOLVED] Can I daisy chain 6 fans to Kraken Z73 PWM header?

May 28, 2015
I want to do Push-Pull with the 3 fans from my Z73 360mm RGB AND 3 Corsair QL-120.
I was wondering if I could buy three 2-way PWM splitter and connect the corsair fans along with the nxzt fans, into the PWM connectors that come out from the NZXT pump head (I don't want to use the motherboard PWM headers)
I know that the usually we don't want to connect more than 3 fans to a single PWM header so that's why I'm asking if this could damage my z73.
I just want them to work together and ramp up at the same percentage when the CPU temps gets higher.
I know the static pressure are not the same and push-pull doesn't always make any difference but I want to try that.
Usually PWM headers offer around 1A and some fans pull up to 0.25A, but I don't know exactly how much current the Z73 PWM connectors can support and how can I found that out.
Any thoughts?

Solution
Thank you for the answer. In my case, its not the Motherboard header that I'm thinking on using, but the PWM cable that comes out of the water cooler itself.It's a cable that splits into 3 male PWM connectors. The whole water cooler is powered by a Sata connector, but this is used to power the pump and the fans most likely. Even in that situation, is it still risky to plug in 6 fans? (disregarding the RPM issues I might have, I just don't want to damage anything)
In any case, radiator fans have to be connected to CPU_FAN header to be able to control speed in accordance with CPU temperature. If connected (with or without pump) only straight to PSI (Molex or SATA) you loose speed reporting and control and all will turn full speed...
I want to do Push-Pull with the 3 fans from my Z73 360mm RGB AND 3 Corsair QL-120.
I was wondering if I could buy three 2-way PWM splitter and connect the corsair fans along with the nxzt fans, into the PWM connectors that come out from the NZXT pump head (I don't want to use the motherboard PWM headers)
I know that the usually we don't want to connect more than 3 fans to a single PWM header so that's why I'm asking if this could damage my z73.
I just want them to work together and ramp up at the same percentage when the CPU temps gets higher.
I know the static pressure are not the same and push-pull doesn't always make any difference but I want to try that.
Usually PWM headers offer around 1A and some fans pull up to 0.25A, but I don't know exactly how much current the Z73 PWM connectors can support and how can I found that out.
Any thoughts?
It's not a best idea to mix fans to same header, be it using splitter or a hub. You'd never get right RPM reporting and with it poor control. If you do, 6 120mm fas is just to much for one header with potential to damage MB. In that case you would need a powered hub. Also keep in mind that stated amperage is for full speed but at startup can draw even more.
Keep pump out of combinations with any hubs and connection to any fans.

May 28, 2015
It's not a best idea to mix fans to same header, be it using splitter or a hub. You'd never get right RPM reporting and with it poor control. If you do, 6 120mm fas is just to much for one header with potential to damage MB. In that case you would need a powered hub. Also keep in mind that stated amperage is for full speed but at startup can draw even more.
Keep pump out of combinations with any hubs and connection to any fans.
Thank you for the answer. In my case, its not the Motherboard header that I'm thinking on using, but the PWM cable that comes out of the water cooler itself.It's a cable that splits into 3 male PWM connectors. The whole water cooler is powered by a Sata connector, but this is used to power the pump and the fans most likely. Even in that situation, is it still risky to plug in 6 fans? (disregarding the RPM issues I might have, I just don't want to damage anything)

In any case, radiator fans have to be connected to CPU_FAN header to be able to control speed in accordance with CPU temperature. If connected (with or without pump) only straight to PSI (Molex or SATA) you loose speed reporting and control and all will turn full speed. Speed reporting is important to protect your CPU from overheating and damage and in most cases it will stop you from POST-ing.
Push pull with radiators doesn't help much, only if primary fans are inadequate it may help by few degrees. There's also need for secondary fans to have higher airflow than primary, if less they'll just impede airflow thru radiator and make it worse.
As an example of scenario best for CPU cooling. Front mounted radiator with high static pressure fans as intake, blowing thru radiator with fans on the other side having higher airflow pulling thru radiator. That ratio should be kept at all fan speeds to have any effect.
Why push-pull has no much effect even with best match ? That's because that doesn't double the air flow but even properly set socondary fans help very little,just helping primary to spin freely without usual air resistance and blow-back from radiator (or air cooler).

Solution