[SOLVED] Can i disable the lan without losing the internet connection

Sep 21, 2020
I have a pc connected to a server.. I want to disconnect this pc from the server without losing the internet? I have a cable connection

Solution
Need more details of your set up, but first thought would be no. If the server is acting as the Internet access point for all computers connected to it, then you would need to run a separate Ethernet cable from your modem/router to your PC. If your PC does not have more than one Ethernet port, then you would need to add a secondary Ethernet expansion card to the PC.

-Wolf sends

Ralston18

Titan
No.

Caveat - more information needed.

Do you mean that you want to give up a physical wired cable connection and use wireless instead?

Or set up such that the pc has no connectivity with the server at all.

What is the overall environment?

Why do you wish to disconnect from the server? Does the pc have any client dependencies on the server?

If you can connect the pc directly to a network router or modem/router with internet access then the server is not needed per se.

Reactions: Miraaki

Wolfshadw

Titan
Need more details of your set up, but first thought would be no. If the server is acting as the Internet access point for all computers connected to it, then you would need to run a separate Ethernet cable from your modem/router to your PC. If your PC does not have more than one Ethernet port, then you would need to add a secondary Ethernet expansion card to the PC.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: Miraaki
Solution
Sep 21, 2020
No.

Caveat - more information needed.

Do you mean that you want to give up a physical wired cable connection and use wireless instead?

Or set up such that the pc has no connectivity with the server at all.

What is the overall environment?

Why do you wish to disconnect from the server? Does the pc have any client dependencies on the server?

If you can connect the pc directly to a network router or modem/router with internet access then the server is not needed per se.
No Then .. Thx for your answer

Sep 21, 2020

-Wolf sends
Thx for your answer.. I'll use a WiFi connector then