Question Can I disconnect LED connectors from GPU without it causing trouble?

rayzeeu

Honorable
Dec 12, 2017
Just a simple question here. I have a Maxsun iCraft RTX 3080 10GB. The RGB LEDs aren’t controllable and are driving me nuts. I wanted to know if I could disconnect the connectors myself and turn off the RGB that way? FYI this GPU does not have a software to control the LEDs as they are non addressable, the LEDs themselves just cycle through colours. An extra question would be am I able to purchase static white LEDs for this particular model, if so can anyone provide me with a link?

Here’s the only teardown video available on YouTube if this helps:
View: https://youtu.be/k9x8H4RcO8Q?si=4xwATF4kXqQOqil7

Thank you in advance.

this GPU does not have a software to control the LEDs as they are non addressable
there are many devices out there that don't use addressable RGB LEDs.
basic RGB LEDs were out long before and can also be controlled, just without all the options of choosing specific patterns or different colors per diode.

make sure your motherboard control software, or something else like OpenRGB, can't detect this card and offer some simple color change options.
wanted to know if I could disconnect the connectors myself and turn off the RGB that way?
if there is a simple cable plugged into a header, yes you can just unplug it.

it's also possible you could manually break the connection(cutting cables, etc).
but, this could be a risky process.
am I able to purchase static white LEDs for this particular model
you can purchase a simple static color, basic RGB, or aRGB LED strip and wrap around or stick those to or in the card's housing.
but there's likely no way to just replace the existing LEDs.

Reactions: rayzeeu