[SOLVED] Can I downgrade bios, or only update?

Aug 15, 2020
I noticed I can update my BIOS to newer version. But I don't have to do it, since everything is fine. However, if I decide to upgrade the BIOS, and something is not working like it used to, or I just want to downgrade, can I do that? Or BIOS can only be updated?

MSI B85M-E45 is the mobo.

Solution
Simple rule with bios updates - don't do them unless you have to. If your PC is fine now, don't update.

If the bios update didn't work, you can be left with a non working pc. It isn't something to casually upgrade on a whim. You may not have the ability to reflash a working bios.

I can't tell but often you can flash an older version again if need be.
Newer motherboards have special USB slots that can be used for flashing bios without cpu installed.

Most of the time BIOS updates work fine and there is no need to go backwards anyway.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Simple rule with bios updates - don't do them unless you have to. If your PC is fine now, don't update.

If the bios update didn't work, you can be left with a non working pc. It isn't something to casually upgrade on a whim. You may not have the ability to reflash a working bios.

I can't tell but often you can flash an older version again if need be.
Newer motherboards have special USB slots that can be used for flashing bios without cpu installed.

Most of the time BIOS updates work fine and there is no need to go backwards anyway.

Solution