Question Can i edit 720p videos on Premier Pro with my PC specs ?

ismmostaar1

Honorable
May 28, 2018
i'm a newbie to video editing, i have chosen premire pro to go with, and i got a paid beginners tutorial on udemy, and yes i know that editing requires high end PCs but i'm onlly gonna be creating 720p videos at the moment, below are my PC specs, i know they don't match minimum requirements giving by adobe, but i did import videos of different qualities trying to see if they'll play or stutter, 480p 720p 1080p, and they all played just fine, though i didn't do any editing just yet, so i'm asking you experts of editing with Pr, would you say that i can edit 720p videos without lagging or freezing?

i5 650 3.2ghz
8GB DDR3 1333hz
GT 710 1GB
WIN 10 64-bit

THANK YOU.

USAFRet

Titan
i'm a newbie to video editing, i have chosen premire pro to go with, and i got a paid beginners tutorial on udemy, and yes i know that editing requires high end PCs but i'm onlly gonna be creating 720p videos at the moment, below are my PC specs, i know they don't match minimum requirements giving by adobe, but i did import videos of different qualities trying to see if they'll play or stutter, 480p 720p 1080p, and they all played just fine, though i didn't do any editing just yet, so i'm asking you experts of editing with Pr, would you say that i can edit 720p videos without lagging or freezing?

i5 650 3.2ghz
8GB DDR3 1333hz
GT 710 1GB
WIN 10-64

THANK YOU.
Can you?
Yes, maybe, probably not.

Will it be like watching paint dry?
Yes, it will.

Why Premier Pro, a not inexpensive tool, vs a number of other free or low cost tools that are less hardware needy.

ismmostaar1

Honorable
May 28, 2018
Why Premier Pro, a not inexpensive tool, vs a number of other free or low cost tools that are less hardware needy.
i want to start learning using this paid beginners tutorial i got
and after a year or two i can get a better system that can easily edit 1080p videos, i thought i will have already learned premiere by then to some good enough level
i don't have the time to waste on other softwares, and can't afford upgrading today, so i figured why not start with 720p video, i guess i'm gonna be focusing more on 480p, hope i can at least create 480p videos, my goal here is not creating videos it self rather than learning as much as i can about how to use this app.

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
i want to start learning using this paid beginners tutorial i got
and after a year or two i can get a better system that can edit 1080p videos easily, i thought i would have already learnt premiere by then to some good enough level
i don't have the time to waste with other softwares, and can't afford upgrading today, so i figured why not start with 72p video, i guess i'm gonna be focusing only on 480p, hope i can at least create 480p videos, my goal is not creating it self rather than learning as much as i can.
Having used several video tools...Premier Pro, Corel Video Studio, HitFilm Express, DaVinci Resolve....the concept of how editing works is more important than the difference in where the clickies are between the various different tools.

Premier Pro on that systrem will be, as said, like watching paint dry.

ismmostaar1

Honorable
May 28, 2018
thank you guys so much for taking the time and replaying to my question
as i said, my goal here is not creating videos it self rather than learning as much as i can about how to use this app even with SD videos, maybe after starting editing and getting deeper into it, i eventually would get the feel for needing a better machine, but right now it is good to know that i can at least start learning even if it'll take time, i'am also learning PhotoShop for a while and have never experienced any lagging or freezing, so flingers crossed.