Can I fit a digital dashboard and power supply from a 1986 300zx in an 88?

CarmineShots

Honorable
Jul 2, 2014
Title. I want a digital dash from previous models or 89 300zx in my 1988 300zx. And if so how would I got about installing it. Thanks

Solution
From what I've managed to find online, the dash is the same size and shape from '84 through '89. So my guess would be yes it'll fit. Question is, will it work though? If the wiring is the same I'd say yes. If not, you might possibly need the sending units from the donor car but I don't think that's the case here. From what I've seen online, 1988 also has the digital dash, does yours not? Or is yours just broken and you need a replacement? My instinct tells me this should work.

phaelax

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2013
From what I've managed to find online, the dash is the same size and shape from '84 through '89. So my guess would be yes it'll fit. Question is, will it work though? If the wiring is the same I'd say yes. If not, you might possibly need the sending units from the donor car but I don't think that's the case here. From what I've seen online, 1988 also has the digital dash, does yours not? Or is yours just broken and you need a replacement? My instinct tells me this should work.

Solution

CarmineShots

Honorable
Jul 2, 2014

My version has an analogue dash and it's not broken I just want the digital one for cosmetic reasons. But if the 88s had the digital one( I'd assume the turbo versions) good chance it is compatible. When I have the time I will probably pull out the analogue dash and check out the wiring and figure out if it's compatible.