Can i fix my back panel 3.5mm jacks ????

bearhairy02

Prominent
Feb 25, 2018
I accidentally pushed my pc a little too much to the walls....thus my back panel 3.5mm jacks got pushed in ward now the pink jack and the green jack are broken. Now i have to use the front panel jacks but the problem is I'm going to buy a 5.1ch system and i need the blue,pink and green jacks.

Now my question is.....Do i need to replace my motherboard to get rid of this problem or are the 3.5mm jacks replaceble ?

Btw my motherboard is gigabyte g41m combo

Solution
That mostly depends on how proficient you are with a soldering iron. You would need to desolder the existing jacks without damaging the motherboard PCB traces to remove the jacks and then solder in a new one. Even that might be problematic if they are connected to internal traces on the PCB.

You might want to consider taking to a local mom & pop computer shop to see if they can repair it.
That mostly depends on how proficient you are with a soldering iron. You would need to desolder the existing jacks without damaging the motherboard PCB traces to remove the jacks and then solder in a new one. Even that might be problematic if they are connected to internal traces on the PCB.

You might want to consider taking to a local mom & pop computer shop to see if they can repair it.

Solution