[SOLVED] Can I get 1080p native with black bars on 1440p monitor on AMD

crazedmonkey220

Commendable
Feb 3, 2019
I saw a post where someone was able to get 1080p on 1440p monitor with nvidia, but i have AMD and i don't know how its done or if its even possible

Solution
Yes,

I have an AMD R7 250, go into radeon settings,
  1. From the home screen, go to the big cog icon in the top right.
  2. Go to the display tab.
  3. There will be a bunch of options, find SCALING MODE and change it from FULL PANEL or what it currently is to PRESERVE ASPECT RATIO. (If you want black bars on all sides then change it to CENTER)
  4. On the right, scroll all the way down and find CUSTOM RESOLUTIONS and press CREATE NEW.
  5. A window will pop up, be careful of what you change, at the top there is, RESOLUTION (px), Change this to 1920 X 1080.
  6. Now the settings will apply.
  7. If you are on HDMI, on the left under HDMI LINK ASSURANCE, there is HDMI Scaling, adjust this until the black bars are big enough.
  8. Enjoy your new...
Sep 8, 2019
Yes,

I have an AMD R7 250, go into radeon settings,
  1. From the home screen, go to the big cog icon in the top right.
  2. Go to the display tab.
  3. There will be a bunch of options, find SCALING MODE and change it from FULL PANEL or what it currently is to PRESERVE ASPECT RATIO. (If you want black bars on all sides then change it to CENTER)
  4. On the right, scroll all the way down and find CUSTOM RESOLUTIONS and press CREATE NEW.
  5. A window will pop up, be careful of what you change, at the top there is, RESOLUTION (px), Change this to 1920 X 1080.
  6. Now the settings will apply.
  7. If you are on HDMI, on the left under HDMI LINK ASSURANCE, there is HDMI Scaling, adjust this until the black bars are big enough.
  8. Enjoy your new 1080p black bars screen!

Hope i helped,
Haris

Solution